Sunday, July 3, 2011

Just a Sunday Stroll


After yesterday's big walk I knew I was going to take a rest day today, but we've been pretty much cooped up in the house all day and I needed a little mental health break. I've been doing laundry all day (after getting the potato salad for tomorrow finished), and nothing is much more soul-sucking to me than doing laundry. 

I got the Old Guy to go with me, and we just took a little 30 minute look-see around the neighborhood, admiring some of the pretty yards, enjoying the sounds of lots of kids playing outside (what a concept!), and savoring the aromas coming from lots of different grills all over the place. Crisp new American flags are out, and there was just enough of a breeze out there to get them moving just enough to look like so many neighborly waves.

Not every walk has to have a Big Purpose. I forget how much I enjoy strolling without a goal in mind, but I did want to try out an iPhone app that I loaded some time back (it was free) just to see how it worked. 

I can't help it. I blame it on my father, who never met a gadget he didn't like. 

***
iPhone app used: Runkeeper
Distance: 1.85 miles
Time: 31:02 minutes
Pace: 16:48 min/mile

***





No comments:

Post a Comment